The Problem with Customer Service at Hotel Escargo
Hotel Escargo is a 3-star hotel situated in the heart of the busy city center of Barcelona. It is within walking distance to many popular tourist attractions such as the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and La Rambla. The hotel has been in operation for over 10 years and has a total of 100 rooms.
2. Major quality issue
The major quality issue that Hotel Escargo has is a lack of fast customer service. The services given to customers are not carried out at the levels that are considered industry averages.
3. Poor quality of service
Hotel Escargo offers a wide range of services to its guests, however, the quality of these services is poor. The main issues are with the check-in and check-out processes, room change process and the overall front office staff.
4. Slow check-in and check-out processes
The check-in and check-out processes at Hotel Escargo are slow and inefficient. Guests have to wait in long queues to get their room keys and often have to wait for several minutes before their room is ready. The check-out process is also slow and guests have to wait in line again to return their room keys.
5. Inadequate room change process
The room change process at Hotel Escargo is also very inefficient. Guests who wish to change their room have to go through the same check-in process again and often have to wait for several hours before their new room is ready.
6. Front office staff: Untrained and inexperienced
The front office staff at Hotel Escargo are untrained and inexperienced. They are often rude to guests and do not have a good understanding of the hotel’s services and facilities. This results in guests not receiving the level of customer service they expect from a 3-star hotel.
7. Lack of employee motivation
The employees at Hotel Escargo are not motivated to provide good customer service. They often seem uninterested in their work and do not go out of their way to help guests with their queries or problems.
8. Hotel Escargo survey results
A recent survey was conducted by Hotel Escargo in order to assess guest satisfaction levels. The results showed that only 50% of guests were satisfied with their stay at the hotel and that 60% of guests would not recommend the hotel to others. These results clearly show that there is a problem with the level of customer service at Hotel Escargo and that something needs to be done in order to improve it.
In order to improve the level of customer service at Hotel Escargo, there are a number of recommendations that should be implemented:
1) All front office staff should receive training on how to provide good customer service 2) There should be more employees on duty during busy periods so that guests do not have to wait as long for service 3) The check-in and check-out processes should be made more efficient so that guests do not have to wait as long 4) The room change process should be made more efficient so that guests do not have 5) Employee motivation levels should be increased so that they provide better customer service
In conclusion, it is clear that Hotel Escargo has a major problem with the quality of its customer service. If this problem is not addressed, it is likely that guest satisfaction levels will continue to decline.